This game is truly wonderful. A few questions, if you don't mind :)

Hey everyone! I just bought this game today (twice actually, for my iPad and PC) and I’m just blown away by the amount of love and care that went into this. You can tell the developer(s) really care about their project, and I respect that a lot. In addition to this, I see you guys also update the game quite a bit, which I also really respect. Keep up the wonderful work.

Since I’m fairly new to this game, I have a few questions as I’m unsure of some things:

1. What is the max level for both your character and your monsters?
  2. How many monsters are in the game total? Is there a bestiary of sorts where I can check what monsters I’ve seen/created? (if not, this would be a wonderful feature :D)
  3. When can I start completing sigils? I really don’t want to use one and proceed to get royally messed up :stuck_out_tongue:
  4. Pandemonium tokens have given me nothing but bad luck, is there any positive to these things?

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: if I think of any more questions, I’ll be sure to ask. I want to keep this as short as possible though, as I need to continue playing this incredible game. Good luck with the migration to Steam guys! You have yourselves a dedicated fan for life!

Welcome to our forum and thank you for your support!

1. There are no maximum levels. In fact, there aren’t too many things in the game that have a maximum at all. The game is designed to be played forever.

2. You can view the bestiary by talking to Katarina (the librarian) in the library. I think there are 324 creatures right now, or something like that.

3. Go ahead and use up your Minor Sigils whenever you want - they’re common enough to where you don’t need to worry too much about wasting them. Although they’ll always have 6 enemies, so make sure you at least have 6 creatures in your party to stand a chance.

4. They’re actually designed to provide a positive benefit more often than not, so unfortunately you’ve just had bad luck so far.

Thanks Zack! Your response was timely and very informative! I’m utterly shocked to hear there is no maximum for nearly anything in the game. I didn’t realize the replay value was THAT astronomically high. I’m really impressed :smiley: Also, I found the bestiary, and there are indeed 324 creatures currently in the game (wow!). And yeah, I’m starting to see some positive benefits to pandemonium tokens. You rock!

Let’s get to the bottom of this:

My bestiary lists 326 possible critters (see pic). Does your game really say 324?

And 322 major sigils (not every creature has a sigil yet, but almost) [see other pic].

I haven’t found every beast of course. :stuck_out_tongue:

I bought it on PC as well (was too impatient waiting for 2.0 on ios release hahahaha, really glad ive been able to support a promising indie developper twice :slight_smile: )and my bestiary says 326 too, i guess that was just maybe a typo ? Didnt take a screenshot since im posting this from my phone at the office !

Oh well, the more the merrier isnt it ? Even if its just a 2 monsters difference hahaha !

P.S. : After putting about 10 hours in now i can already say : game is AMAZING, the amount of content and customisation in this game makes it so much fun !

Oh, there are actually 326. I forgot to count the holiday creatures.

Why do you write “holiday creatures” with an “s” ? I know the Pumpking, is there another one ?

There are actually a lot of holiday creatures planned but they haven’t been implemented. But yes, one of them is already in there. Unfortunately it’s for Christmas, so we won’t see that for quite some time.

When you say “Holiday Creatures” do you mean that those creatures will only be obtainable at a certain point in time for a limited time ?

Yes, for example, the Pumking is given out during the All Hallow’s Eve (Halloween) event. It’s available every year, though, so if you happen to miss it once, there’s always a next time.

What’s wonderful with this game is that there is a lot to do while waiting for the next holidays !

As long as nothing can be PERMANENTLY missed, like a one time event, im fine with it, once per year is a good idea of “i have a rare guy, i can make others jealous (sarcasm) but if you want him wait for a year, so you can get him too”, at the very least it doesnt feel like we miss entirely on something !

Glad to know nothing is one time in a lifetime :slight_smile:

I have a collectors mind and knowing i couldnt get my hands on one monster simply because “i started later” would drive me mad, lol.

Are holiday creatures based on the system clock or net events?

I’m sure it’s a long way off, obviously, but MMO style limited events make me antsy for the longevity of a game as once official support ends, those events will no longer be available.

They’re events that I manually activate for now, but I plan to automate them once they’re all implemented. I want to have at least 6 medieval-themed holidays that happen once per year.

Really good news. Thanks.