Our free content expansion patch, Trial of the Gods, is now available for testing on Steam! Thank you for your patience.
This test version is only available for Windows. If you’d like to help out, please make sure to thoroughly read this post.
Things you need to know before testing:
- Read the patch notes in the next post. There are A LOT of game changes outside of new features.
- There will be tons of bugs and crashes. If you think this will ultimately spoil the experience for you, you should probably hold off on playing the expansion for now.
- Your save files will be rendered incompatible with all older versions of Siralim 2 after you patch the game. Keep this detail in mind, especially if you use cross-platform cloud storage.
- In-app purchases (to unlock skins and increase skin drop rates) are not implemented yet.
- Patches will be released pretty frequently until Wednesday night, at which point I won’t be around until next Tuesday. That’s why it’s very important to back up your save files, as I can’t guarantee there won’t still be some game-breaking bugs by the time I leave.
Step 1: Make a backup of your save file(s).
Though unlikely, there’s no telling what sort of horrible bugs could ruin your save file. Be sure to make a backup of your save files first.
You can find them in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\save, and the files will end with “.ini”. Make a copy of these files and store them in a safe place.
Step 2: Switch to the testing branch on Steam.
In Steam, right-click Siralim 2, go to Properties, then go to the Betas tab.
Switch to the “test - don’t use this!” branch.
The patch should start downloading automatically. If not, you may need to restart Steam.
Step 3: Start testing!
Please do not discuss the expansion content in the Shoutbox or in other parts of the forum, nor on social media platforms such as reddit. Remember that some players don’t want to see any spoilers!
Please report any bugs or crashes on this forum - do not use the normal Support forum for these bug submissions.
After the patch is deemed stable, I’ll roll it out to the other platforms including Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.
Thank you for your help! I hope you all enjoy the expansion.