Unlocking New Creatures

Increasing the creature unlock rate after the story definitely helped, and maybe I just haven’t pushed normal realms as fast as I should have, but it feels really awkward that breeding a new creature doesn’t unlock it like it did in Siralim 2.

The old system let you be more adventurous with breeding new creatures. On accident I bred away a creature yesterday that I hadn’t unlocked and panicked because I knew I wasn’t going to be able to get a new one easily. I ended up going through my recipes and getting it back within a few steps, but it made me miss the old system.

Also, It seemed to take forever to unlock the spider occultist as a sorcery mage, and I really wanted to breed into some of the other occultists, but felt that I could not (the synergy the spider occultist gives you is too valuable to lose early imo).

Then again, unlocking new creatures this way encourages careful, calculated breeding and pushing realms, which might have some advantages I’m not seeing.

I strongly agree with this. For me a lot of the fun in breeding new creatures was then seeing them in the wild, and making breeding a more calculated and cautious endeavor seems counterintuitive to the significant increase in breeding combinations.

[quote author=Vemmaren link=topic=4656.msg14823#msg14823 date=1527705210]
Increasing the creature unlock rate after the story definitely helped, and maybe I just haven’t pushed normal realms as fast as I should have, but it feels really awkward that breeding a new creature doesn’t unlock it like it did in Siralim 2.

The old system let you be more adventurous with breeding new creatures. On accident I bred away a creature yesterday that I hadn’t unlocked and panicked because I knew I wasn’t going to be able to get a new one easily. I ended up going through my recipes and getting it back within a few steps, but it made me miss the old system.

Also, It seemed to take forever to unlock the spider occultist as a sorcery mage, and I really wanted to breed into some of the other occultists, but felt that I could not (the synergy the spider occultist gives you is too valuable to lose early imo).

Then again, unlocking new creatures this way encourages careful, calculated breeding and pushing realms, which might have some advantages I’m not seeing.
[/quote]This guy?
Imgur