Unplayable lag on android

I decided to get back into this game after hearing about updated content. I put in ~60 hours back when this game first came out and loved every minute of it, never once having any issues.

But now, once I reach realm 10 or so, right around when the enemies start appearing in groups of 6, battles become ridiculously laggy. Even the haptic feedback happens a few seconds after I press a button. Clearing a realm goes from taking 5-10 minutes to taking 20+ minutes just due to the lag. This was never an issue before the updates and I’d love to be able to play this game again, but I honestly cannot enjoy the game like this. I’m really curious about what is causing this issue and if there is any way that it can be resolved. I have tried different settings, removing spell gems, etc. to no avail.

Please help. I would really love to be able to enjoy this game again. I am using a Motorola Droid Turbo.

EDIT: This happens on version 2.4.1

Might be a bit obvious, but have you tried restarting your phone? Otherwise, maybe you have too many other apps open or there’s something bad happening behind the scenes. The game has never been more optimized than it is now, and your phone has 3GB RAM which is more than enough to run the game perfectly well.

I’ve tried restarting the phone multiple times, and this happens without any other apps running in the background. I’ve honestly tried everything I can think of, and I don’t understand why this is happening. I know I never had this problem with the earliest version.

Could you please try uploading your file to the cloud (you can do this at the title screen) and send your Cloud ID to me via PM or by e-mail (zack@thylacinestudios.com)? I’ll take a look at the file so we can rule out any weird interactions going on with a certain creature or spell.

Let me know if you need any help with any of the steps mentioned above.

i was going to say might be your phone, but then i saw it has slightly higher stats then my phone… .and i was like what.

what os are you running? have you tried playing on high performance mode with no haptic?