What do you think about breeding?

What do you think of the new breeding mechanics? In the past monsters became stronger when bred. Now they become stronger because you can train them by breeding to higher levels.

Do you find the former or the new system better?

I like the current breeding system much better than the one in Siralim 2.

They’re both atrocious, to be frankly honest.

In the new system, you are forced to breed and create a pyramid of creatures to cascade up in order to increase your level caps. With the XP and resource requirements, it gets out of hand very quickly (by the time you hit lv 200).

I’ve tested the class-changing seeds with breeding, and they don’t carry over, nor are you refunded a seed.
So that creature you LOVE so much that you spent a very rare seed to change to another class? Well, it goes away, because you need to breed it in order to level it up over cap.

100% not a fan of this at this point.

Breeding to acquire new and different creatures is great. Forced breeding to increase levels isn’t.

Yeah, I think the previous method where better. Hopefully it gets an update with an change to the classic version.

[quote=“Psylisa, post:3, topic:4055”]They’re both atrocious, to be frankly honest.

In the new system, you are forced to breed and create a pyramid of creatures to cascade up in order to increase your level caps. With the XP and resource requirements, it gets out of hand very quickly (by the time you hit lv 200).

I’ve tested the class-changing seeds with breeding, and they don’t carry over, nor are you refunded a seed.
So that creature you LOVE so much that you spent a very rare seed to change to another class? Well, it goes away, because you need to breed it in order to level it up over cap.

100% not a fan of this at this point.

Breeding to acquire new and different creatures is great. Forced breeding to increase levels isn’t.[/quote]

I think devs might be overlook that or it makes no sense. Seeds/tomes should carry over or the whole mechanics goes to hell. Well its EA, hope it will be looked onto

I’m also not a fan of the current system, breeding is essential nothing more than a barrier, a limiter right now. In Siralim 2 it was as well, but it was sort of offset by the fact that your monsters got “stronger” in a way that felt like you were actually accomplishing something with each new egg. Right now it feels like there’s no value to breeding. Honestly, I wish the whole system was either gone in terms of level cap, or changed so fundamentally that breeding was a completely new beast, but preferably as an optional way of strengthening monsters.

Yeah, it would be hard to balance properly, but I honestly think it’s better have a system that makes overpowered monsters over one that is just unfun to utilize. A super basic idea could be to just provide some very rigid and limited stat growth up to X amount of breedings, and then have there be little or no benefit to breeding past that point. It’ll give a reason to pursue that little bit of extra power for your monsters, but nothing that will scale completely out of control at higher depth levels. Basically I just want ideas like that, stuff to give breeding a reason to exist and feel like it’s a benefit to the player and not a chore to deal with for progression.

[quote=“Casadactyl, post:6, topic:4055”]I’m also not a fan of the current system, breeding is essential nothing more than a barrier, a limiter right now. In Siralim 2 it was as well, but it was sort of offset by the fact that your monsters got “stronger” in a way that felt like you were actually accomplishing something with each new egg. Right now it feels like there’s no value to breeding. Honestly, I wish the whole system was either gone in terms of level cap, or changed so fundamentally that breeding was a completely new beast, but preferably as an optional way of strengthening monsters.

Yeah, it would be hard to balance properly, but I honestly think it’s better have a system that makes overpowered monsters over one that is just unfun to utilize. A super basic idea could be to just provide some very rigid and limited stat growth up to X amount of breedings, and then have there be little or no benefit to breeding past that point. It’ll give a reason to pursue that little bit of extra power for your monsters, but nothing that will scale completely out of control at higher depth levels. Basically I just want ideas like that, stuff to give breeding a reason to exist and feel like it’s a benefit to the player and not a chore to deal with for progression.[/quote]
My opinion:

1. Remove level cap restrictions from breeding altogether
  2. Prevent core extraction from any creature you haven’t stabled at least once (except for a handful of “starter” creatures)
  3. Randomize breeding for every players’ game

I realize the 2nd and 3rd would require a re-work of the recipe and breeding system, but as it stands, I rarely use breeding to acquire new monsters. My sole purpose for breeding at this point is to raise the level cap of the true team I want to use. And it takes a god awful amount of resources and time to not only level my real team, but also level a team to breed them with to increase level caps. The higher level I get, the worse it feels.

I simply don’t have the resources to devote to “mystery” breeds to discover new creatures - and moreover, I can simply climb a level or 5 and get a plethora of new ones from which to immediately extract. There’s zero impetus for me to discover new creatures via breeding when all I truly need is just one of their cores.

[quote=“Psylisa, post:7, topic:4055”]

[quote=“Casadactyl, post:6, topic:4055”]I’m also not a fan of the current system, breeding is essential nothing more than a barrier, a limiter right now. In Siralim 2 it was as well, but it was sort of offset by the fact that your monsters got “stronger” in a way that felt like you were actually accomplishing something with each new egg. Right now it feels like there’s no value to breeding. Honestly, I wish the whole system was either gone in terms of level cap, or changed so fundamentally that breeding was a completely new beast, but preferably as an optional way of strengthening monsters.

Yeah, it would be hard to balance properly, but I honestly think it’s better have a system that makes overpowered monsters over one that is just unfun to utilize. A super basic idea could be to just provide some very rigid and limited stat growth up to X amount of breedings, and then have there be little or no benefit to breeding past that point. It’ll give a reason to pursue that little bit of extra power for your monsters, but nothing that will scale completely out of control at higher depth levels. Basically I just want ideas like that, stuff to give breeding a reason to exist and feel like it’s a benefit to the player and not a chore to deal with for progression.[/quote]
My opinion:

1. Remove level cap restrictions from breeding altogether
  2. Prevent core extraction from any creature you haven’t stabled (except for a handful of “starter” creatures)
  3. Randomize breeding for every players’ game

I realize the 2nd and 3rd would require a re-work of the recipe and breeding system, but as it stands, I rarely use breeding to acquire new monsters. My sole purpose for breeding at this point is to raise the level cap of the true team I want to use. And it takes a god awful amount of resources and time to not only level my real team, but also level a team to breed them with to increase level caps. The higher level I get, the worse it feels.

I simply don’t have the resources to devote to “mystery” breeds to discover new creatures - and moreover, I can simply climb a level or 5 and get a plethora of new ones from which to immediately extract. There’s zero impetus for me to discover new creatures via breeding when all I truly need is just one of their cores.[/quote]

Again, Psylia has outlined the problems and offered solutions that I would personally love to see put in the game. Hell I would even be willing to compromise at this point. Keep the level cap if you must, but instead of breeding to raise it you sacrifice a creature like the altar (basically the same thing you do now to breed). The difference here is you keep the pedigree creature with all its seeds and spell gems etc still attached. Call it “infusing” or something like that. This is how you add heredity to your existing critter without killing them. Make the Fairy bottles add some Heredity too.

This would save the hassle of re-equipping your creatures every. single. time. you breed them to raise the cap. Also each infusion should add more levels to the cap than just 10.

…all of that said: This system is still way better than gene strength which made S2 completely unplayable for me until NG+ fixed nearly everythign that was wrong with that game. If it were me id remove heredity from S3 alltogether, it’s way too similar to Gene Strength and equally pointless taken on its own.

The idea with the sacrefice to improve the cap is nice. So you can choose between a new Monster and your old Monster.

i would just personally love to see ability to use nether chrysalis on normal creatures as well. when, for example you need to even their levels a bit, just need to have 2:1 ratio. since it also negates the breeding exp penalities that you might have incurred. Maybe add a conversion of nether to normal chrysalis at the goblet. idk.

Also, atm breeding is a lil unbalanced. since capped levels add only whole 3 heredity
21her+21her anylevel = 42
21her+21her maxxed = 45
45+45 = 90
45+45 both max = 93?
lol wut. 3 heredity bonus for 500 levels on each creature :stuck_out_tongue:
makes no sense to actually level your creatures past 80, ok maybe 140 for breeding purposes, **only to save their original level.

Btw is it clarified yet - tomes persist or no?

Because seeds for instance i can treat as an expendable 1-time consumable. they are not that rare. And you ll get stockpiles of them.
Plus you only really need using em if you are min-maxxing gems and dont have that 1 slot for swap or generous or whatever and cant afford a creature with spelltap etc etc if i get it right?

Plus you can always pre-breed a creature with hilarious heredity of 200-500+ and rarely care about breeding it further :stuck_out_tongue: once a week maybe?

I also like this idea thematically. This way, you don’t lower the level of your current monster, you don’t destroy invested items and materials. You also don’t have to go through the hassle of re-equipping your monster. You also don’t kill your beloved monster. As a matter of fact, you SACRIFICE another monster to it. If this were any edgier it’d cut my head off. It’s got another upside of being able to sacrifice creatures you don’t like. I like the idea of being able to farm up soft little life creatures to sacrifice to my death creature.

So, now that I’m a bit further in the game, the new system is interesting. The creatures in the stable now reach their highest level “fast” and are then mated by me to get babies with high heridity levels. Although I have to summon quite a few creatures, there are always more and more resources as a reward for the fights, which take only one or two turns thanks to a well-developed strategy.

[quote=“Psylisa, post:7, topic:4055”]1) Remove level cap restrictions from breeding altogether
2) Prevent core extraction from any creature you haven’t stabled at least once (except for a handful of “starter” creatures)
3) Randomize breeding for every players’ game[/quote]

Yeah removing level cap and randomize breeding is superb. Also in foresight if the tavern brawls. Everybody has then other meanings to get specific creatures. This will prevent the sharing of hardcore instant win breeding chains and we need to utilize what we have the best way possible.

Yeah but why? And if you are level 200 etc. of course the 50`s get max level fast but what about heredity +20 etc? You need as much time as before. And again nobody can answer me what the level cap contributes in a game living from infinite everything.

And regarding tomes. I’d vote for that they persist throughout the breeding - capped naturally. That way we can fine tune creatures but we prevent cheating or total out-of-the-line fights in tavern brawls.

Tomes already persist through breeding as it is (stat uppers).
Seeds do not (class changers).

I think the Tavern will strip you of your perks, and you’ll be using level 100 creatures only. It may even become a draft-type Arena situation. We don’t know exactly, but I can’t imagine Mage Perks working in Tavern Brawls.

I personally love the idea of random breeding recipes and combinations, it could make for some really unique play throughs IMO, I also think a better way to do the breeding would be to utilize breeding to unlock new creatures (As stated, randomize the recipes and have maybe 10-15 starters that you build out from there.) Then use an altar/consumable to raise heredity. Maybe make it an item you can buy off of all the gods? I don’t know how quickly you accrue emblems late game, but to get the ball rolling, let’s see there is an item that lets you merge two creatures (The Primary creature is kept as is, the secondary creature just adds to their max level cap.) Say the item is 5 emblems each purchase (And each god will sell them at the same price.) And it would either add a flat amount. (Such as +5/10) per emblem item, or it could maybe scale. You could also do it so that it goes off of Class/Family. Maybe make it so that if you Emblem a Monster that Matches your Class it adds like 7 instead of 5, this way you’re more inclined to stay with creatures of your own class. I dunno spit balling.

I like the current breeding system. There’s no issue of trying to find out when I should be breeding my monsters. I wait until they hit the cap, then I throw some random monster at them for another 30 levels on the cap. Sometimes I’ll use my breeding experiments that end up with +3 heredity (because I only breed max level critters) and get 60 levels. And it’s not like the baby’s level getting the average of its parents’ bothers me that much either, since they catch up pretty quickly, but not quickly enough that I feel like I’m always running back to further increase heredity. You’re still breeding monsters to increase their potential, but heredity is a much simpler mechanic than gene strength ever was.

Oh, and tomes definitely stick around. Even says so in the tooltip for them.