Will there be more Runes added?

Of course, it seems to be covering most bases, but just wondering. Only 50 seems very uncharacteristic of Thylacine Studios design :stuck_out_tongue: Thinking 500 or something would be a good number. And you can level them to 2000 and then…

I am pretty sure there will never be 500 Runes in the game .

In particular, Runes seems to serve the particular function of modifying the effect of buffs and de-buffs.

If anyone has particular ideas for Runes that they would like to see added, having a brainstorming thread seems like a great idea.

Leveling up runes in a unique manner would suit the game better.
For the most part, runes are an after-through. I set them, and forget about them.

I think certain traits should be made into runes, simply because of their nature. Things like Swiftcasting would be an excellent rune, but as a trait, it’s kind of just fire and forget. Swiftcasting literally changes how you build a team and which stats you prioritize - which sounds like a rune.

I’d also like to see runes that add to specific creature sets.
Such as
“Your Nature creatures have additional Life equal to their Defense”
or
“Your Giant creatures can no longer miss when attacking”

[quote=“Psylisa, post:3, topic:2151”]Leveling up runes in a unique manner would suit the game better.
For the most part, runes are an after-through. I set them, and forget about them.

I think certain traits should be made into runes, simply because of their nature. Things like Swiftcasting would be an excellent rune, but as a trait, it’s kind of just fire and forget. Swiftcasting literally changes how you build a team and which stats you prioritize - which sounds like a rune.

I’d also like to see runes that add to specific creature sets.
Such as
“Your Nature creatures have additional Life equal to their Defense”
or
“Your Giant creatures can no longer miss when attacking”[/quote]

I do think the Runes need some more flavor. I don’t understand the point of having 9 copies if they’re all the same? Even some stats like the spell gems/artifacts would be nice.

LOVE the idea of team synergies, especially families. There are some families that already have traits that work well together (e.g., familiars), but I think Runes would add a lot.

I’m 100% sure that runes will be totally overhauled before the game leaves early access. They’re in even more of a state of “I’ll fix it later, but that’s good/won’t ruin the game for people now” than what Zack is overhauling in 0.7.0.